Your Say - City West Water (the "website") is moderated by City West Water, Harvest Digital Planning and its agents. We moderate the website in order to create a productive and safe environment so you can engage with the project and each other without feeling intimidated or insulted.
The website uses a post-moderation tool, where all content submitted by participants is immediately published and is then reviewed by the moderators to ensure it complies with this policy and the Participation Rules.
We moderate the website from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday ("business hours"). Submissions received within business hours will be reviewed the same day. Submissions received outside of business hours will be reviewed the next business day.
- Think positively about your participation. This is an opportunity for you to input your ideas and views into a project.
- Stay on topic and be constructive. Contributing constructive comments that are relevant to the topic or issue will mean everyone gets the most out of the engagement process.
- Be informed. It's a good idea to read through the content of the website and comments before commenting. You may even like to undertake some research of your own. This will encourage healthy and robust discussion.
- Always respect the views of other people even if they don't agree with you. It's okay to have different opinions and to disagree with a comment, but respond in a way that is respectful to the other person and explain why you disagree.
- Always keep things civil. Participants are here to share their ideas and views to positively contribute to projects. It's important to keep the discussion focused on the topic or issue rather than engaging in personal attacks.
This website is subject to the following moderation rules:
- Do not make comments that could be considered personal attacks on other participants or City West Water staff.
- Do not post personal information about any of the participants or City West Water staff.
- Do not use offensive language including profanity.
- Do not make comments that are discriminatory of people’s gender, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, appearance or background.
- Do not post comments or links regarding the sale of any goods or services, competitions, chain letters, spam or any other unsolicited commercial message.
- Do not spam by posting your comment more than once.
- Do not post information in violation of any law or regulation.
- Ensure you have received permission to post any images or intellectual property of third parties.
If content does not comply with this policy, we reserve the right to edit or remove the content and suspend or block a participant's account at our sole discretion.
Breaches of the moderation rules may result in one or more of the following:
- Removal of comment - any comment that breaches the moderation rules will be removed.
- Temporary Suspension - a participant who repeatedly contravenes the Participation Rules may be temporarily suspended for a period of up to one week. The suspension period will be determined by the severity and/or consistency of the breach(es).
- Permanent Blocking - persistent breaking of the Participation Rules will result in permanent blocking of the participant's account.
- Automatic Blocking - a participant who posts or links to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material will be automatically blocked from the site.
Participants will receive notification via email in the event of the above action outlining the reason for comment removal or account blocking and the dispute process.
Your Say - City West Water is hosted and operated by Harvest Digital Planning on behalf of City West Water. For technical issues, email email@example.com.